Research & Resources
- Modern Microtia Textbook by Dr. Reinisch. (2019)
- 3D Print Clinical Trial : John Reinisch MD is the Principal Investigator of a novel ear reconstruction method for microtia that is currently in a 7 year FDA trial. The method creates a 3D printed ear using the patient's own cartilage cells. Dr. Reinisch has worked with 3D Bio, a regenerative medicine biotechnology company, since 2016 and was the first surgeon to surgically attach this printed ear in a human patient in 2021.
- Occipital Artery Fascia Flap, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, February 2019. Reinisch, J., van Hövell, C., Tahiri, Y., Yao, C.
- Video Discussion of Microtia Reconstruction in Hemifacial Microsomia Patients: Three Framework Coverage Techniques and Microtia in a Chinese Specialty Clinic Population: Heterogeneity and Associated Congenital Anomalies. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, December 2018. Reinisch, J.
- Auricular Reconstruction using Porous Polyethylene Implant Technique, Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America, 26 (2018) 69-85. Scott, S., Reinisch, J.
- Polyethylene Ear Reconstruction: A State-of-the-Art Surgical Journey, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, 141, 2:461-470, February 2018. Reinisch J., Tahiri, Y.
- Cartoon Analgesia in the Pediatric Plastic Surgery Population, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 140 (5): 767e-768e, November 2017. Hoang, D., Lin, A., Chen, V., Reinisch, J.
- Ear Reconstruction in Young Children, Facial Plastic Surgery, 5:1-4, 2015. Reinisch, J.