World’s Most Experienced Microtia Surgeon
Creator Of The MEDPOR Technique - 1991
Treated Thousands of Patients
From Over 60 Countries
WHY CHOOSE DR. REINISCH
combining skill & compassion
Dr. John Reinisch is a world-renowned microtia surgeon based in Los Angeles, CA. He created the innovative MEDPOR® reconstruction technique in 1991, which offers many benefits to children and their families:
- One surgery
- Performed before child enters school (ages three years & up)
- Little to no pain
- Combined ear & canal in one procedure
Dr. Reinisch also corrects the disappointing results of previous ear reconstruction surgeries, as well as repairing damage from ear injuries. His patients and other physicians come from around the world to benefit from his skill, advanced techniques, and compassion.
PARENT’S GUIDE TO MICROTIA
what you should know
Parents should know that microtia is not caused by the mother or during pregnancy. Children will have normal speech development. Additionally, microtia is not associated with kidney disease or any other chronic diseases
- Rule out a syndrome
- Confirm hearing in your child’s normal ear
- Consider a bone conduction hearing aid before six months of age
- Avoid x-rays & scans before child is two and a half years old
- Attend a Parent Microtia Conference
Video - A Family’s Experience with Dr. Reinisch
REINISCH PLASTIC SURGERY
helping thousands of patients
Dr. John Reinisch offers children and adults the latest surgical innovations to correct microtia. He is world-renowned for developing the MEDPOR implant procedure, which allows children too young for traditional rib cartilage reconstruction surgery to experience the life-changing benefits of MEDPOR treatment. Dr. Reinisch is the only doctor who combines aural atresia repair and microtia treatment into a single outpatient surgery.
Treating patients from all over the world from his medical practice in Southern California, Dr. Reinisch has helped thousands of patients through his treatment of microtia, aural atresia, traumatic deformity reconstruction and revision of unsatisfactory surgeries. Our office staff strives to provide carefree assistance to national and international patients interested in coordinating their surgical operation at our office in Los Angeles, CA.
To learn more about how the team of medical professionals at Reinisch Plastic Surgery can help you or your child, contact our office online or call:
He Did an Amazing Job!
"The doctor reconstructed my daughter's ear (she had a grade 3 Microtia). We are so grateful with him and his team.
He did an Amazing Job!" Luis Gerardo Duran - 5 Star Review on Google
MICROTIA TREATMENT benefits your child
While the physical limitations of leaving microtia untreated are obvious, the psychological effects a child faces as they grow can also have a significant impact on both their confidence and their self-esteem. By addressing microtia early, surgical treatment allows a child to improve their hearing ability, which in turn allows them to develop more natural speech patterns. The earlier a child receives treatment, the lower the impact of microtia will have on their development. This can allowing them to enjoy their childhood free of any negative effects that my arise directly or indirectly from microtia.
Dr. John Reinisch is the world's renowned microtia surgeon. He has successfully provided thousands of patients with natural-looking results with his innovative ear reconstruction techniques. Thousands of children have benefited from growing up with two functional ears. Dr. Reinisch can help your child can live a full and healthy life.
MEET Dr. John Reinisch
world-renowned microtia surgeon
- Harvard Medical School Trained
- Professor of Surgery Keck Medical School at The University of Southern California
- Director of Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Seen & treated over 4,000 Microtia Patients & trained over 200 surgeons from 25 countries
- Author of over 100+ scientific papers
- Visiting Professor 2017 - 2020 - Harvard, Stanford, Utrecht, Tel Aviv & University of Pennsylvania
- Author of Modern Microtia Textbook - Springer 2019
Dr. Reinisch reconstructed my daughter’a ears last year. You can hardly notice she had Microtia. Wonderful job, wonderful care, exceptional human being.View On Facebook
The most amazing Doctor!!Our family was blessed to have Dr. Reinisch build our son Liam a new ear. It is so amazing how accurately he matched our sons ears and how amazing the outcome has been. I highly recommend Dr. Reinisch for the best ear reconstruction doctor in North America.View On Facebook
HONORS FOR Dr. Reinisch 2014 - 2020
International & Domestic Awards
• American Association of Plastic Surgeons
• European Association of Plastic Surgeons
• Delta Society of Ear Noise & Throat Specialists - Egypt
• American Association of Pediatric Plastic Surgeons
• American Society of Craniofacial Surgeons