World's Most Experienced Microtia Surgeon
Treated Thousands of Patients from Over 60 Countries
Creator of the MEDPOR Technique in 1991
WHY CHOOSE DR. REINISCH
experience, skill & compassion
Dr. John Reinisch is a world-renowned microtia surgeon based in Los Angeles, CA. He created the innovative MEDPOR® reconstruction technique in 1991, which offers many benefits to children and their families:
- One surgery
- Performed before child enters school (ages three years & up)
- Little to no pain
- Combined ear & canal in one procedure
Dr. Reinisch also corrects the disappointing results of previous ear reconstruction surgeries, as well as repairing damage from ear injuries. His patients and other physicians come from around the world to benefit from his skill, advanced techniques, and compassion.
VIDEO GALLERY categories include
- About Our Practice Videos
- Understanding Microtia Videos
- Microtia’s Effects on Hearing & Speech Videos
PARENT’S GUIDE TO MICROTIA
what you should know
Parents should know that microtia is not caused by the mother or during pregnancy. Children will have normal speech development. Additionally, microtia is not associated with kidney disease or any other chronic diseases
- Rule out a syndrome
- Confirm hearing in your child’s normal ear
- Consider a bone conduction hearing aid before six months of age
- Avoid x-rays & scans before child is two and a half years old
- Request a complimentary video consultation
WHAT PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY
Dr Reinisch! Thank you...you have so impressed me and seriously, I can not thank you enough for all you have done and for being there when we have needed you. While I hope I’m not in a position to need your services again, it’s good to know you're out there. :-) You are a fantastic doctor and how you have treated us is a true testament of your character.View On Cedars-Sinai
Doctor, I keep staring at Eliah’s ear since I left you earlier today. I still can not believe it. You are a true magician and words will never be enough to express my gratitude. You have been a ray of hope since Eliah is born as I knew there was a solution. It is even better than what I was hopping for. You made him the most beautiful gift he can have in life. Thank you ”View On Google
MORE ABOUT DR. REINISCH
world-renowned microtia surgeon
- Harvard Medical School Trained
- Professor of Surgery Keck Medical School at The University of Southern California
- Director of Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Seen & treated over 4,000 Microtia Patients & trained over 200 surgeons from 25 countries
- Author of over 100+ scientific papers
- Visiting Professor 2017 - 2020 - Harvard, Stanford, Utrecht, Tel Aviv, University of Pennsylvania, & Baylor
- Principal Investigator of novel ear reconstruction method for microtia in a 7 yr. FDA trial, that creates a 3D printed ear using the patient's own cartilage cells.
- Author of Modern Microtia Textbook - Springer 2019
He Did an Amazing Job!
"The doctor reconstructed my daughter's ear (she had a grade 3 Microtia). We are so grateful with him and his team.
He did an Amazing Job!" Luis Gerardo Duran - 5 Star Review on Google
REINISCH PLASTIC SURGERY
helping thousands of patients
Dr. John Reinisch offers children and adults the latest surgical innovations to correct microtia. He is world-renowned for developing the MEDPOR implant procedure, which allows children too young for traditional rib cartilage reconstruction surgery to experience the life-changing benefits of MEDPOR treatment. Dr. Reinisch is the only doctor who combines aural atresia repair and microtia treatment into a single outpatient surgery.
Treating patients from all over the world from his medical practice in Southern California, Dr. Reinisch has helped thousands of patients through his treatment of microtia, aural atresia, traumatic deformity reconstruction and revision of unsatisfactory surgeries. Our office staff strives to provide carefree assistance to national and international patients interested in coordinating their surgical operation at our office in Los Angeles, CA.
To learn more about how the team of medical professionals at Reinisch Plastic Surgery can help you or your child, contact our office online or call: